Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Where You go, I'll go. And where You stay, I'll stay.

Hey all -  sorry I am the worst blogger of all blogs ever created.

It is a true statement when someone says that there is always something to do in New York City. So whenever I could have blogged...I did something else. Sorry.

I leave New York City in six days. CRAZY!

This has literally been the fastest summer of my life. And the absolute best.

I don't even know where to begin to explain how this summer has changed my life, made me better, drawn me closer to the Lord, and made me the happiest I have been in a long time.

I have met and had the pleasure of working alongside some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. I have made so many new friends who make me laugh, challenge me, and keep me accountable in my walk with Christ. SO so blessed to know them.

I know I say it a lot, but I didn't know I could love this city anymore than I already did. Every single day, however, something happened or I saw something that made me realize that there is no end in sight for my love of this place.

Now, the biggest reason I love New York is because I have family here. My Gallery family. My intern family. My big, crazy, hilarious, wonderful New York family.

New York is so much more than that city that I fell in love with four years ago. It has faces and personalities and inside jokes and favorite spots.

It has become someplace where I can breathe easily and feel comfortable always.

It is going to be so incredibly hard to leave. I miss my family and my friends, but I feel like this city and these people are my home.

These next few days are going to be rough. There will be tears that come out of nowhere. There will be days that I try to hit the imaginary rewind and pause buttons so that I can try to take as much advantage of the remaining days as I can.

I will never understand why God has blessed me in this way. I have never and will never do anything to deserve the experience He has given me.

Not only have I learned more about NYC, but I have learned about myself.

I have learned that I am really hard on myself. I let past mistakes and failures define me for far too long. I think everything is my fault.

But my sweet Savior has shown me that I am forgiven and redeemed and beautiful and perfect in His sight. He holds my every moment in His hands and His timing is perfect.

He loves me enough to bless me and to plan a future for me far greater than anything I could think up for myself.

The future is a very scary thing. I thought that the future would always be less scary after I started college. But I was wrong. There's always big decisions to make that can very much affect your future and where you go from there.

I have had to learn to put my trust completely in God's brilliant wisdom and love for me. I surrender my life over to Him. All I want to do is live for Him and show others the joy, peace, love, and mercy He has given me.

So even though the future can be scary, I will not worry about it. I will be willing to GO where He leads or STAY where He wants me to stay.

I am so excited to see where God takes me. It will be an adventure, for sure.

Everything that has happened in the past, happened for a reason. It has shaped me and opened my eyes to greater things. It has helped me to cling and to lean fully on Christ.

And for that, I am so thankful. I would be nothing without Him.

So even though the best summer of my life is coming to an end, I know that there is so much more ahead of me. And God will continue to amaze me with His love for me.

Thank you to every person who reads this for praying for me, for loving me, and for supporting me during this chapter of my life.

Once again, I am SO incredibly blessed. Beyond measure.

I will be keeping everyone updated as some decisions are made. But for now, I am preparing to head back to Murfreesboro to people I love and have missed.

God bless you all!

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore, I will hope in Him." The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him."

                                - Lamentations 3:22-25

No comments:

Post a Comment